it’s like Pixar… for adults
This is great I swear!
THIS GOT SO GREAT AT THE END LIKE IT WAS GOOD AND THEN THE END
OH MY GOD THIS IS BRILLIANT
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD READ THE ABHORSEN CHRONICLES:
- BADASS FEMALE PROTAGONISTS: from Sabriel the prefect of an all-girls school to Lirael a shy librarian both of whom turn into duty-bound zombie killing soldier priests who rescue princes and battle necromancers and fight against what is effectively a trapped god, you can keep your Hermione’s and Katniss Everdeen’s thanx (and can we just talk about how the girls in the school TOTALLY JUMP INTO HELP THE SOLDIERS AGAINST KERRIGOR DESPITE KNOWING THEY’RE PROBABLY GOING TO DIE??)
- INCREDIBLE WORLD BUILDING: set in two neighbouring kingdoms - one resembling 1930’s britain the other a medieval fantasy realm that’s fallen into anarchy plagued by Death NOT TO MENTION the world-weary soldiers manning the wall who are sick of your necromantic bullshit
- TALKING ANIMAL COMPANIONS: not as cheesy as you think, since one is a sarcastic cat spirit who is scary as fuck when his true form is revealed and the other a wizened grandmotherly-like dog who rips out undead throats
- COOL MAGIC: though it’s complicated it isn’t once confusing and you can’t beat dual sword-and-bell wielding, bells that can land you into death modeled after the Egyptian afterlife
- GREAT CHARACTERS AND DEVELOPMENT: all the characters are forced to carry a duty and some succeed whilst others don’t but that’s okay because being born into a society doesn’t necessarily mean you belong there
- GOOD ROMANCE: it’s subtle and forged out of friendship and trust and doesn’t define any of the characters or control any of the events in the story
- NEW BOOKS COMING SOON: including Clariel which is a prequel based on Chlorr of the Mask WHO WAS AN ABHORSEN WHO TURNED EVIL!! like how awesome does that sound give me all the downward spirals for female necromancers AND there’s apparently going to be a sequel to the series too!!
- POSSIBLE FILM IN THE MAKING: which means if you wanna get on that fandom first get on it now
- IT’S JUST REALLY GREAT?? despite it being marketed as a YA book it’s still riveting and mature enough for older audiences (I think I might appreciate it more now that I’m older tbh) just UNF
Definitely one of my favourite fantasy stories.
YES!! I re-read all three a couple of weeks ago on the tube to and from work and I’d forgotten how much I loved these books. I made my dad read Sabriel once I’d read it and he is now hooked as well - like the post says, although marketed as YA, it is fully appreciated by adults too!
Also, CLARIEL!?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *excite*
A new YouTube Deserve a Drink with TYLER OAKLEY!!
THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST.
I fucking love YDAD.
The Gregory Brothers kill it once again
LMFAO Parody of the Day: The Mars Curiosity rover — and its team — get down in ”NASA and We Know It.”
oh my GOD
While annoyed that we didn’t even medal for the gymnastics, that is quite simply the most perfect landing I’ve ever, ever, ever seen.
The British team were, quite frankly, not up to scratch. They were good, but not good enough. The US team were utterly flawless and a joy to watch.
SCP-261 appears to be a large black vending machine with no front glass panel, and a small keypad on the right side. SCP-261 was recovered in Yokohama, Japan in an alleyway.
SCP-261 is capable of operating with no external power supply, but operation in this state will cause “unstable” vending to occur much more quickly than normal. If SCP-261 is used several times in a short period of time and/or large amounts of money are entered before an item is vended, SCP-261 will start to dispense bizarre items. While still “food”, their suitability for human consumption is often non-existent.
Read about some of the strange items SCP-261 has dispensed here!
Awesome, awesome fan made trailer for Will Grayson, Will Grayson.
This is absolutely brilliant!